Friday, September 25, 2009

Are you criticizing or are you making a positive of it?-Lidiya

How is someone who is driving (something mechanical) to remember those actions that reminds him that he is human?-Lidiya

Create a juxtaposition against the mode of driving, in order to reawaken the senses.
Ex: To be driving within a repetitive environment (which causes you to turn off your senses) and then be interjected with a seen action (walking) which awakens your memory to these actions.

Ex. Howard Franklin Bridge: As I drive for 40 minutes across the Howard Franklin bridge, the mechanical feeling of the car and of driving, makes me forget that I am human. When I see from the distance, that someone is walking, running, swimming, skipping, talking, standing, wandering, conversing I am reminded that I am human and with this, an onslaught of memory floods my thought, awakens me from my short slumber.

Susan:

Howard Franklin is an Edge Condition much like flying in an airplane, a train... it's about getting from one point to another (the destination), not about the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment