Saturday, January 30, 2010

The equation for communication

I had an idea for the next film, perhaps you may have a thought on it.

For the next film (concept), I decided to be more precise and construct the storyboard to figure and organize my thoughts which I had not done before. I felt you were right that the site is necessary to identify as part of my process which led to the bigger idea. So from that idea, I thought I may utilize the environment of the site (the land mass and bridge between tampa and st. petersburg)\ to represent the concept proposal. So I am substituting all these components of communication which includes the line of communication and the person/object which those lines are communicated between and substituting them with the existing context of the site. The land mass of Tampa and St. Petersburg will act as the communicator and the bridge is the line of communication, communicating movement across. so where the first movie is about the physical lines of communication between people (telephone poles and lines), the second movie will be about the lines of communication between place.

So as the land mass represent the communicator and the bridge, the communication, opportunity for interception by the third person who passes through is then made possible within the betweenness of place. Interception/participation of the communication occurs when one is able to realize that they are not here or there but in between and in which being between allows one to reflect from afar. So now the various moments within the experience of place is collectively generated to be a single iconic image... perhaps this is in turn a communication on the part of the perceiver back into place.

I guess this is still all obtuse but i think if I use the equation of the communicator and the resulting communication represented in the experience of the site then this idea of being able to intercept and participate by acknowledging can lend to a system for designing a final proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment